Freshmen Community Service Award
About the APO Community Service Award
The Alpha Phi Omega Community Service Award is a scholarship that will be awarded to up to four members of the incoming freshman class during the fall semester. The amount of the scholarship is $650 which will be added to your fall semester's financial aid package. This will not affect any of your other scholarships from RPI in any way.
Simply write an essay no more than 600 words long about your involvement in community service and leadership. Also attach to your essay a list of the community service and/or leadership activities you have taken part in. Some possible essay topics to cover are:
- Why do you do community service?
- What do you get from doing community service?
- How can you make service to others a part of your everyday life?
- How has community service and leadership helped you to grow?
- Discuss a situation in which you were the leader and you had to overcome an obstacle.
- How do you plan to continue doing community service in the future?
You can submit essays to this Google Form.
If you have any questions or if you would like more information about this scholarship, please send an email to [email protected] or to [email protected].
ContactEmail: [email protected] Phone: (518)-276-6516